Tradewind Preston is working in partnership with a 'Good' SEMH School in Blackburn to recruit a Teaching Assistant 5 day a week.
The SEMH School is looking for a teaching assistant to work within a new KS2 Class. You will be working as a class teaching assistant and may be required to do some intervention group or 1-2-1 work with the pupils. These roles are to start 1st September 2021 on a long-term basis until July 2022, 5 days a week 8.30 am -3.30pm.
The 'Good' SEMH School aim to ensure that they give them the necessary support to improve their confidence, self-esteem and enable them to become successful learners in school and prepared for their future working lives.
The ideal candidates for this role will have a minimum of 6 months experience working in an Alternative Provision environment or have worked extensively with learners with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs). (If your team teach has expired during a lockdown period please still apply)
After visiting the school, I was really impressed with behaviour and the state of the art facilities. This school also encourages and healthy and active approach to everyday school life. The school has a welcoming team of staff and a strong and well-structured SLT.
The school is located in Blackburn which is accessible by car with close links from M65 with a large free car parking and easily accessible via public transport
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication and behaviour management techniques
- Teaching Assistant Level or Degree Qualified
- Confidence in dealing with challenging behaviour
- Experience with supporting challenging behaviour
- Be able to confidently work as part of the team and independently
- Team Teach Trained
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The SEMH School offers fantastic facilities for their students and staff. Staff are made to feel valued and part of the team. There may be the opportunity to study towards further qualifications and training.
The school is based on the outskirts Blackburn extremely close to motorway links. Alternatively, if you are travelling by public transport, there is a bus stop in walking distance.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Blackburn or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on or .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer