We are working with a Secondary School Academy in Lewisham with a "Good" Ofsted, that are currently looking to recruit a graduate teaching assistant to start afterthe Easter holidays with the view of permanent role in the future.
The successful candidate will be educated to a degree level with a real passion to help young people academically.
You will be expected to work in mainstream classes providing in-class support across the curriculum to students and also monitoring and managing poor behaviour to maintain class control and pupil focus. You will also work on a 1:1 basis with specific students, assisting them with their class work up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting students with statements of special educational needs with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
The school is a harmonious, diverse and caring community where the students work hard, respect each other and behave well, whilst supporting each other's learning in class. The academy has excellent, brand-new facilities which are used by enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff, allowing them to give students the appropriate level of support to enable them to succeed academically and socially.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teacher training program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in schools.
The school is near a tube and an overground station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Ben Lockspeiser at Veritas Education -
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities to .APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'