Senior Software EngineerManchester£50,000 +Permanent Do you want to work with an exciting scale up which is looking to grow by 50% this year?Do you want to work on a product that is being used by major brands and household names?If so, you need to read on:
One of Manchester's most exciting technology businesses is looking to add the key hire of a Software Developer to the team. The business is looking to grow by 50% in their technology team alone this year and they are looking for inquisitive and passionate Software Developers who want to grow and develop within their careers.
The business develops and provides a revolutionary product that is used by a wide range of well-known brands and household names. The product protects websites from unprecedented volumes of traffic that may cause failure and helps protects websites, mobile apps and APIs from heavy traffic and malicious attacks. The business has recently been categorised as a leader in the rapidly expanding market and now you have the opportunity to join the business that is growing from strength to strength.
The business are proud of their hardworking and passionate development team and what unites the team is their belief that their technology makes a difference! You will be joining a rapidly growing team dedicated to taking their product to the next level. The product is used by the world's biggest brands to securely and fairly control the flow into websites, guaranteeing service even when the volume of traffic exceeds that which the infrastructure can handle.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for delivering effective solutions with high quality code. You will be expected to formally take on mentoring responsibilities, ensuring best practices and development techniques are utilised.What will you be doing:
What are we looking for:
- Develop the product using NodeJs, meeting the agreed specifications
- Participate in the business's feature refinement process to agree technical specifications, functional and non-functional requirements for any given piece of work
- Demonstrate working code and complete features to key stakeholders within the team and at sprint demos
- Deliver code using the test driven development methodology to ensure the highest levels of code quality
- Work with test automation engineers to design and implement the full suite if automated test at entry level
- Work with Software Engineers and Junior Software Engineers to mentor them as they perform their day-to-day responsibilities
- Have the ability to take an architectural/implementation plan of a project and to help lead the development process
- Software Engineering related degree of equivalent experience developing productionsoftware
- 2+ years working experience with relational databases
- 2+ years working experience with cloud infrastructure, preferable in AWS
- Experience building large-scale, software applications using NodeJS would be desirable
- Previous experience in mentoring and coaching Junior Software Engineers
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92321525