Data Engineer - AWS, Glue Athena Fintech
£80k Plus Bonus
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Data Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a small fintech who specialise in building automated systems and algorithmic trading strategies to make profit and manage ris. They focus on alternative asset classes and have traded several billion pounds in the sports, gaming and energy sectors since 2010.
I am looking to add a data engineer to the team who will be responsible for delivering the organisation's data strategy. Their ultimate objective is to build a world-class data platform to assist with the rapid development of risk management strategies in the sports, power and other niche markets.
An ideal candidate is passionate about: technical challenges; proactively sourcing and collecting trading data; performant, well-structured databases; and making this high-quality, well-documented data available to the entire organisation to support our business strategy.
This data engineer will work across functions, liaising with our quantitative analysis, engineering and trading analytics teams. You will have a major influence on the pipelines and frameworks we are building.
Day to Day the Data Engineer will:
- Work with multiple teams to understand the strategy of the organisation and proactively source data to support this strategy
- Effectively prioritise between data requests
- Create and maintain optimal data pipelines
- Contribute to the team by sharing new ideas and technologies in meetings
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Work with stakeholders including the product and data teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Document the organisation's data structure
- Ultimately, build a world-class data resource for an industry-leading sports betting risk management firm
The Data Engineer Must have:
- Comp Sci or Engineering Degree
- Significant experience with scripting languages (Preferably Python and Typescript)
- Experience with SQL and procedural languages
- Experience managing database performance
- Experience with data architecture
- Experience with AWS (Athena, S3, Glue, data pipeline)
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London but the role is remote for the immediate future.
ETL, DATA,, EC2, DevOps, Linux, AWS, Java, CLoudwatch
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92320736