Windows Automation Engineer - Quant Trading
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Windows Engineer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known quantitative proprietary trading firm, liquidity provider and market maker. They operate globally and are considered to be a market leader in their field. For any technologist this is the place to be, they offer an intellectual, fun and progressive environment where you are encouraged to think outside the box.
This is an environment of Google or a startup where tech is number 1 with a huge budget allocated towards this. The firm is known globally for its attitudes and rigour more importantly, you will be surrounded by smart people deeply interested in teaching what they know, and in learning from you.
My client has a mixed Windows and Linux environment spread across physical and virtual machines. This position suits a talented Windows Systems Admin to focus on Windows servers and desktops.
You will be responsible for the entire Windows infrastructure which is critical for the continuity of the business. You will be tasked with maintaining and improving the current environment as well as planning and executing deployments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree form a top institution
- 5+ years in depth experience working with Windows 10 and Server 2012R2/2016
- Experience hardware monitoring and performance tuning
- An appetite for delivering solutions to complex problem
- Obsession with automation
- Creating and maintaining advanced Powershell scripts
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Networking experience
- An eagerness to learn and strong attention to detail
This role suits a candidate who has had responsibility early on in their career, someone who has worked in smaller agile companies with continual change. You must be hands on and have excellent experience of working in a demanding or jack of all trades environment. You will also be a techie motivated by technology. In return you will be rewarded seriously financially we have no limit on basic salary.
My client is based in London
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92320737