Concept Resourcing are pleased to be partnered with a brilliant organisation based in Hertfordshire who are looking for a Category Manager to join their established team.
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Defining and implementing a strategic plan for the category, working with the Head of Procurement and the other Category Managers to drive through the procurement strategy and deliver best in class procurement practices.
- Delivering the end-to-end procurement cycle for the category from sourcing to contract drafting.
- Overseeing key strategic contracts, identifying opportunities for consolidating spend and ensuring full compliance in the categories being managed.
- Controlling all spend within the category, securing best value and maximising economies of scale from supplier expenditure.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers to effectively manage contracts and performance, to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Monitoring contract performance - reporting progress, identifying potential cost saving initiatives and supporting with the forecasting, planning and awarding of contracts.
The successful applicant will have the following core competencies;
- Proven track record of managing Indirect procurement categories.
- Keen interest in procurement be knowledgeable about the relevant category sector.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to manage supplier relations and internal relationships effectively.
- Self-motivated and ready to take ownership of situations within the category.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified.
- 3-5 years in a similar level role.
The successful applicant will receive a basic salary of up to £47,000 (DOE) + bonus potential and standard company benefits.