We are proud to represent an outstanding client, who are playing a central role in powering parliaments Net Zero vision, shaping the way in which the country consumes its energy and driving the reduction in carbon consumption. Our client plays a pivotal part in steering and shaping that consumption and are boasting an exciting Fixed Term Contract, to welcome a Policy and Regulation Analyst to the team. Based in Central London and offering a flexible home and office work pattern over the 12 month period, you will join the Policy & Insights (P&I) team, playing an important role in supporting business and scheme continuity. Supporting our client to keep abreast of policy and regulatory developments with an eye on understanding how they might impact scheme design and our clients implementation responsibilities, bringing these to the attention of relevant business units.
The Policy and Insights team has a central role in the delivery of our clients corporate strategy of Powering Net Zero. They are the experts on the policy and regulatory environment that surrounds the schemes that our client manages on behalf of the government, they leverage this and the wider business's expertise to advise government on the evolution of their current schemes, and the delivery of new policy schemes needed to deliver the wider Net Zero agenda.
The Policy and Regulation Analyst will report to the Policy & Regulation Manager and will work closely with the Head of Policy & Insights as well as other members of the team and wider organisation.
As the The Policy and Regulation Analyst, your primary function will be to track electricity market policy and regulatory changes and undertake primary research to find new information and gather market intelligence. This will also include identifying useful existing and new data sources and the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis to help identify and communicate trends, valuable insights via short presentations and written briefings to help form the team's policy and regulatory positions and advice to the business on energy sector policy, regulation and emerging trends.Key Responsibilities:
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- In this role you will have the opportunity to work with, and possibly lead, the commissioning and delivery of research on policy and regulation topics for future market design
- Track, understand and engage with market and regulatory change
- Identify, use and manage internal and external resources to inform our understanding of the energy sector and emerging trends
- Track and log relevant policy and regulation change, provide assessment of their impact on the business and/or schemes
- Help identify and deliver value adding analysis & insights to support an effective understanding of the schemes we manage and an effective public and policy debate
- Use and support the development of our analytics capabilities by leveraging in-house subject matter knowledge experts and analytical capabilities.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work to deadlines
- Able to produce detailed reports and presentations to clearly present findings
- Up to 3 years experience/understanding of the UK energy regulatory environment and market design with operational insight is required
- Experience in developing and deploying cost benefit analysis / impact assessments is desirable
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.