Python, Multithreading, Java, Front Office, Investment Banking
My client are a leading global investment bank looking for Python Developers at both the AVP and VP experience level. You will be working with the Structured Products Equity Derivatives business which is part of Markets Execution Technology (ME). You will own and develop both revenue generating and regulatory projects in addition to improving the existing system. This role is front office working on a huge variety of products with a constantly evolving tech stack (lots of opportunity to implement new features). This is a chance to be part of a key money maker team for my client covering FX, Rates, Swaps and Derivatives (new business lines being added also).What will you be doing?
Required skills and competencies:
- Development and mentoring of other team members (VP level)
- Developing high quality maintainable code for yourself and the team
- Making technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain i.e. both deep technology and business product knowledge.
- Collaborating and communicating globally with other developers and team leads to build technical solutions
- Using your strong knowledge of software development methods, tools and standards to ensure the team complies with practices
Further skills that will help but are not essential:
- Excellent hands-on Python development experience as either a developer or software engineer
- Solid knowledge of Derivatives and Structured Products (VP only)
- Experience of serverside development and multithreading
- Good knowledge of FIX and/or REST
- Hands-on Java programming experience
- A background within financial services (investment banking)
- Web Services experience
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.