Parker Young is delighted to be Partnering with a new division of one of our long standing clients, who after an exciting period of growth through acquisition, have restructured the category team and have a great new Category Development Manager vacancy.
As Category Development Manager, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to maximise range, space and display of brands in grocery and impulse. You will deliver compelling category insights and recommendations which in turn drive sustainable growth for the mutual benefit of the business and their key external customers.
You will also manage the extraction and manipulation of multi-sourced data and analyse the assembled data in order to summarise and track market performance/ consumer and market trends.
You will also:
- Manage external and internal relationships driving the strategy forward
- Support the long-term plan and brand plan process and instrumental in deliveringbrand plans to assigned customers
- Together with Commercial Planning and Insights, identify where to play to win and provide execution recommendationsfor assigned customers
- Deliver category insights
- Be able to understand and analyse data and deliver compelling category presentations
- Monitor & report on Market, Business & Competitor performance across key markets to create meaningful actions that accelerate brand growth across the business.
- Manage key reporting documents, produced for customers
Are you an experienced, data savvy category manager, insight manager or account manager with a commercial mindset looking for an exciting new challenge?
Do you have a solid grasp of the category management process and first-hand experience of managing customer relationships?
Do you have a strong working knowledge of working with Kantar, IRI, Dunhumby or SalesOut (desirable)?
Do you have the ability and instinct to identify gaps in a category and understand how to use insights and convert them into development by delivering strong recommendations?
Are you able to manage change positively, think creatively and deal effectively with the unpredictable, while having high levels of personal accountability in delivering and exceeding targets?
Will you be able to work in a dual site role which would offer a mix of home working, but need to be able to travel to different parts of the UK when required?
If it's a yes to the questions above and you'd be interested in a confidential discussion about the role, then we'd love to hear from you!