Our client is one of the driving forces behind shaping the UK's journey to become a Carbon Neutral Consumer and we are proud to represent them in recruiting a Permanent Contract Manager. This is a role with genuine benefit to shape your career within the Energy industry where you can not only add value, but be part of an opportunity that will create waves of change. Backed by the Government, our client is working to shape the way in which the United Kingdom consumes energy, with a vision aligned to Parliaments plan to ensure Net Zero Carbon Utilisation by 2050.
Based in Central London, yet offering a flexible working pattern combining home and office work, this opportunity will see you take on the role as Power CCUS Contract Manager. Power Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) is one of the key contributors to BEIS's plan to reach Net Zero by 2050. Following the BEIS publication of the Business Models for Carbon Capture Usage and Storage in December 2020, our client is progressing with the formation of a team to manage the forthcoming first batch of Power CCUS contracts (Dispatchable Power Agreement -DPA).
As the Contract Manager, you'll be instrumental in forming the Power CCUS team and managing the respective contracts, engaging on a regular basis with our clients key stakeholders (BEIS, IPA, HMT) for this project.Key Responsibilities:
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Support the planning phase of the Power CCUS Contract Management activity
- Assist the development of contract management procedures, systems and guidance (or adapt existing ones), tailored to the DPA requirements;
- Offer continuous feedback to BEIS on the detail of the DPA, assisting BEIS in the further development of the DPA Heads of Terms, as requested by BEIS but also acting proactively;
- Support the contract management activity once the DPA contract(s) are entered into
- The role could evolve to also provide analysis and advice in relation to the development, planning and implementation of Industrial CCUS support contracts.
- Very good understanding of the detail and rationale behind the key commercial terms of the standard CfDs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Good general commercial acumen;
- Experience in reviewing reports on the physical progress of a construction project and offering brief and concise summaries for senior audiences is a plus;
- Experience in interpreting and managing complex contractual arrangements (including for instance contracts with gainshare mechanisms, re-openers, change in law provisions etc) is desirable
- Excellent analytical skills on technical matters; engineering background, particularly on thermal power and/or CCUS technology desirable;
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.