Product Owner, £35,000, Norwich
Edward Reed are searching for an experienced Product Owner on behalf of our client Juniper Education. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and project support to the Product Manager to enable effective management and delivery of the SISRA Analytics software to existing and new customers.
Juniper offer an award winning service to the education system providing effective solutions to suit a wide range of requirements, including: pupil tracking, financial management, teacher training, HR, governance, compliance and school visit planning. The company have taken the industry by storm since setting up 18 months ago, with over 10,000 schools now using their services internationally. Due to their huge growth since inception, they are now looking to expand their team further and take on like minded employees to join their exciting journey to continued success.The Role Purpose:
- Work alongside the Product Manager to maintain and develop a product roadmap that delivers a clear and developing narrative.
- Ensure the product roadmap is shared and understood internally and externally and ensure it aligns with Juniper's longer-term business objectives for growth.
- Provide technical and project support to the Product Manager to enable effective management and delivery of the tracking software to existing and new customers.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure they fully understand the context, required timing and value associated with each major Epic and Story as required.
- Occasionally assist on additional projects outside of Juniper to support on-going development meeting the strategic and commercial objectives of Juniper Education.
Skills and Experience required:
- Maintain the product backlog and support the Product Manager to define delivery goals for the product development team so that goals can be set, and progress tracked.
- Assess solutions and create well written and detailed user stories, with clear acceptance criteria to enable effective delivery.
- Laisse with the wider development team as appropriate and ensure requirements and value are understood and delivered.
- Evaluate new and upcoming statutory requirements from the DfE and work with the product manager to plan their delivery.
- Gather, evaluate and present feedback from stakeholders to inform and ensure planned development matches user requirement and expectation.
- Feed into competitive analysis to support delivery and prioritisation of the development backlog.
- Helping with the customer experience design process, iterating and testing the user experience in response to changing needs and customer feedback.
- Work with Product Manager to define roadmaps, from tactical solutions to strategic end state solutions and helping develop business cases for investment.
- Contribute fully to decisions regarding the operation of the software, in consultation with architects, developers, testers, UX/UI designers to ensure that solutions remain customer-focused and fit for purpose
- Manage risks and issues, collaborating with the team to find resolution or escalating where necessary. (Either from testing or from new development)
- Interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, help them to understand our methods and processes, keep them informed of progress and actively seek their feedback (customers and customer success team)
- Think creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) contributing feedback and ideas to drive continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Provide 3rd line support to the Customer Support and Customer Success teams.
- 4+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience working within a software environment, working with Architects, Developers, Testers and Designers
- Previous working experience of providing 3rd line support to the Customer Support and Customer Success teams.
- Familiarity with defining roadmaps, from tactical solutions to strategic solutions, helping develop business cases for investment.
- Capability of delivering and presenting feedback from stake holder meetings.