WHAT WE'RE DOING
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of up to £87,000 depending on experience, you'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know - and feel - that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As our Network Architect, you'll be accountable for the development and delivery of the active service portfolio, using skills that include system and network administration, as well as a strong project management aspect.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting architecture design, feasibility and cost studies
- Selecting and rolling out new solutions into a full production environment
- Designing and building new active City networks
- Incrementally improving network monitoring and operational excellence
- Acting as the point of escalation for network issues from our Tier 2 NOC team
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You'll have extensive experience working in network architecture, as well as an excellent understanding of, and experience in the following:
- IP routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF and ISIS
- MPLS, ldp, RSVP, segment routing
- Layer 2 technologies with an emphasis on Ethernet
- Service offerings such as l2vpn, l3vpn and vpls
- A broad range of Layer 2 and Layer 3 equipment providers
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we love giving it our best to build a legacy together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92016762