Senior Solutions Consultant - SDN, SD-WAN, Network Security, BGP, MPLS/VPLS, VRRP, Core Networking Location
: London / Home-working Salary
: £60,000 - £70,000 + BonusHours
: Mon - Fri, 09:00AM - 17:30PM
Exponential-e is a Cloud, Connectivity and Communications pioneer with a difference. From launching the world's first Virtual private LAN in 2006 on our privately-owned 100GigE secure and super-fast Network to our recent work integrating SD-WAN and SD-DC, our commitment to innovation has resulted in us being recognised as a world-class IT Service provider, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK, and have 8 ISO accreditations to our name.
We have built an extensive solutions portfolio, which enables the creation of services tailored specifically to our customers' operational needs - whether that be for Private and Public Cloud, Data Centre, Unified Communications, Cyber Security or Managed IT Services.
What we deliver is Peace of Mind-as-a-Service. The customer is at the heart of everything we do. That's why we are trusted by more than 3,000 customers, boast a 96% customer reference-ability, and have an industry-leading Net Promoter Score .
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our rapidly growing organisation. We take PRIDE in our culture and team spirit, driven by our employees that want to learn, achieve and build a successful career path. Your new role
The role of a Senior Solutions Consultant in the Pre-Sales team is one that gives you the responsibility of providing high-level pre-sales support and innovative networking solution design for client projects.
You will work closely with the sales team, project managers, implementation engineers, Core Networking and architects to design a range of solutions, across LAN/WAN, IP Networking, BGP, MPLS/VPLS, VRRP and network security.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Design and develop innovative and competitive solutions, working individually or leading a wider virtual team for the qualified opportunity
- Support the Sales Account Manager with the commercials of new opportunities
- Work closely with the Exponential-e Bid Team and Account Managers to respond to tenders (RFI/RFP)
- Create close working relationships with the engineering department in order to validate proposed designs and solutions
- Significant experience in a pre-sales environment with the ability to talk confidently about technical solutions
- Excellent presentation skills - the ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrable experience responding to bids and tenders
- Good commercial acumen
- Proven technical design skills and the ability to create design documentation
- Knowledge of VPLS, MPLS, IP Networking, Routing Protocols, BGP, VRRP, IGRP
- Knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN technology and solutions
- Experience in designing secure Internet solutions (UTM firewalls. SIEM)
- Knowledge of LAN (wired and wireless) environments desirable
- Previous hands on technical experience is advantageous
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- Home-working arrangements
- Working at the forefront of technology
- Working with customers/clients from all verticals
·Clear progression paths/Progression paths
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
·Culture quarterly and annual awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
·Learn and work with some of the most talented technical minds in the industry
·Working in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service
·Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
·A dedicated Learning and Development team including access to a range of technical training and courses (LinkedIn Learning)
·Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, free Barista coffee, season ticket loans, local gym discount, Vitality health cover)
What you need to do now
- Purchase up to five extra days of annual leave
- Every employee gets their birthday day off work
Click "apply now" and you will end up on our careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don't tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Exponential-e then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92016607