Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North has an exciting opportunity for a Community Support Worker to join our team based in St Albans and the surrounding areas . We have both part time and full-time positions available, with a minimum of 16 hours per week to cover 7am - 10pm 7 days per week.
Monday to Friday 7am - 10am: £10.20 per hour
Monday to Friday 6pm - 10pm: £11.22 per hour
Alternate Weekends 7am - 3pm or 3pm - 10pm: £12.50 per hour
In addition to the above hours, we are looking for people to provide Carers Respite Breaks, typically 3 hour visits between Monday to Friday 10am - 5pm, earning £27.00 per 3 hour (pro rata for shorter calls).
Travel Time: £8.91 per hour or part of Mileage (business & social): 40p per mile
The responsibilities as our Community Support Worker:
- Provide unpaid family carers with a respite break from their caring role.
- Escort clients to attend social clubs and trips out that promote their wellbeing and keeps them connected with their local community.
- Provide emotional support to the family as part of a caring team.
- Assist with getting up and ready for the day to include all aspects of personal care.
- Support the management of medication through prompting, administering or collection from pharmacy.
- Prepare and cook meals.
- Ensure care plans are implemented and updated in line with client needs.
- Liaise regularly with the Crossroads Care Management team to ensure central systems are updated.
- Ensure any safeguarding concerns are reported in line with organisational guidelines.
- Respond appropriately to complaints and concerns from families ensuring the care management team are advised in line with organisational guidelines.
What we're looking for in our Community Support Worker:
- Professional or personal experience of providing care for families, vulnerable adults and / or children.
- A willingness to undertake or currently hold QCF/NVQ Health and Social Care Diploma Level 2.
- Ability to communicate using the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Able to develop good working relationships with clients while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Able to work independently and take initiative while working within Crossroads Care policies.
- Able to demonstrate care and respect for vulnerable adults and children.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
- Able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal care issues.
- An understanding and ability to apply in own work practice the principles of equality of opportunity and confidentiality.
- An understanding of the needs of carers.
- A current driving licence, own car and business insurance.
- Competitive pay
- Travel time paid between clients
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile
- 28 days annual leave, increasing after 2 years' service
- Manageable rotas, in your local area with longer call times and consistent clients
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Paid induction with outstanding training and achievement of Care Certificate
- Career development through personal reviews
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks paid for by Crossroads Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Referral bonus if you refer family or friends to work with us
Who are we?
At Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, our mission is to support vulnerable people, their family, their caring friends' networks and their local communities. We care for people, not profit. So, we believe that the best way to care for our clients is to provide the best possible work environment for our staff.
We are also on the Sunday Time List for Top 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to work for and 13th position for staff wellbeing.
Stories from our amazing staff:
Ricky had built a career in construction for 20 years before deciding it was time for a change. "My mum has always worked in care so it was always something I felt I wanted to give a go, " he says. " I wish I had done it sooner . I love it , it's better than I expected. "
If you feel you have the right skills, experience, passion and drive to fulfil this role, why not click 'apply' today to become one of our Community Support Workers!