At Quarry Manufacturing & Supplies we have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious individual who is ready to take the next step in their career! We are currently searching for a Design Engineer to join our team in Coalville who is enthusiastic and keen to develop their skills and knowledge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitivesalarydepending on experience.
If you are someone who is driven and eager to grow and develop in this industry, this could be the opportunity for you!
Working Hours: Standard office hours with flexibility when required with the possibility for remote working once settled, occasional travel to site in the UK and overseas.
Who are we?
Quarry Manufacturing is an established, successful family-owned business based at Bardon Hill in Leicestershire. We are European leaders in OEM manufacturing of crushers and crushing plant, suppliers of spare and wear parts for the worldwide quarrying industry, and maintenance experts for crushing plant throughout the UK.
Working within our manufacturing and design team, you will be responsible for the production and modification of technical drawings and 3D models to assist the manufacture of products within our modern CNC Machining Facility. The ideal candidate will show a willingness to develop their skills and responsibilities across other aspects of the company related to the manufacturing process.
What will you be doing as our Design Engineer?
- Work closely with the Machine Shop Manager and Senior Offline Programmer to agree the manufacturing approach detailing drawings accordingly.
- Responsible for the check and sign off of drawings for production.
- Maintaining and updating accurate records.
- To produce drawings through reverse engineering.
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests in a timely manner.
What makes you our ideal Design Engineer?
- HNC Qualified or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in Solidworks
- A sound engineering background
- A good understanding of machining processes and tooling
- Some knowledge of tolerancing and geometric tolerances
- Knowledge of the Crushing and Screening industry would be a distinct advantage
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to understand and produce technical drawings and assemblies
- Ability to co-ordinate with other departments
- Confident, proactive character
- Good communication skills, dealing with other employees
- Good IT skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop your skills and knowledge
- Passionate about engineering
If you feel you can offer the skills and experience to become a valued member of our growing team, please click 'apply' todayto become our new Design Engineer.We'd love to hear from you!