Morson Projects are currently looking Technical Authors to support Service Bulletin and airworthiness documentation for Rotary Wing assets.
The primary objective of the Technical Authors is to ensure formal company airworthiness documentation is issued so that the AW101 and / or AW159 in service Helicopter fleet is maintained in an airworthy manner. The successful Technical Author will be responsible for the effective and timely delivery of Technical Publications to meet aircraft programmes and In-Service Support requirements.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic all of our team are currently set up to work remotely with occasional visits to the office, for further information please contact Matthew Thompson.
This role has been deemed inside of IR35 and can be offered under an Umbrella or PAYE contractor arrangement, alternatively we would consider permanent employment
The main responsibilities of this role will include;
* Produce Technical Instructions as a consequence of airworthiness data from all areas of the business to manage the correct mitigating actions are controlled to ensure the LMW customer base is informed in a timely manner of all airworthiness information and required corrective actions as appropriate.
* Maintain and as required liaise with all stakeholders to successfully close the issuing of aircraft inspections or modification instructions to reduce the cost of ownership of the aircraft, and control the implementation of product enhancements.
* Manage your individual activities, its dependencies to ensure completion of the related tasks against priorities from an airworthiness perspective and aircraft delivery, to ensure the Helicopter fleet is delivered and maintained in an airworthy manner.
* Provide and maintain complete workload status reports to ensure performance metrics can be produced.
* Support the business with the expert technical process knowledge for the delivery of the correct airworthiness technical information in a timely manner to limit the amount of business exposure. Thus reducing the overall operating costs of the business by ensuring a cost effective solution is promulgated to the customer base, whilst maintaining fleet availability.
* Ensure the associated Technical Instructions are developed in accordance with all relevant departmental procedures and company operating system, and ensure any recommendations for continued improvement are highlighted to the management team.
Key skills to include;
* Aircraft engineering and/or aircraft Technical Publications experience.
* Knowledge of Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc.
* An understanding of Airworthiness and Flight Safety regulations and requirements
* Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
For further information or to apply please contact Matthew Thompson at Morson Projects