My client, a leading precision engineering company, is looking to recruit a high-calibre individual with proven skills to work within the Maintenance Department, who will provide an effective source and effective & prompt service in Mechanical diagnosis, repair and rebuild of site plant, production equipment, premises & services ensuring that objectives/targets for cost, quality and timeliness are achieved.
The successful applicant will be responsible for preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Applicants will be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to undertake shift work.
* To carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical.
* Carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a Spindle Repair Fitter.
* To prepare and maintain all associated project, training/operating/preventative maintenance, documentation/instructions/manuals.
* Establish and fully maintain all associated record systems, whether hard copy of bespoke computer software orientated.
* Carry out all major service requirements on all modern technology plant and equipment.
* Demonstrate understanding of relevant task records maintenance via established systems within the department.
* Assist with mechanical design and fabrication of plant machinery and test equipment.
* Compile technical engineering drawings for all plant, machinery, components and control systems that have been manufactured or modified by the Company.
* To undertake every task to the highest possible quality standard and to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through the adherence to proper procedures at all times.
* Carry out related duties as and when required.
After training, be actively involved in:
* Principles and controls associated with Environmental Management as applicable to ISO 14001.
* Health & Safety within the workplace.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications required
* Technical education to an appropriate City and Guilds standard
* Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
* Experience of machine tool or tool room fitter in a precision engineering environment
* Rudimentary turning, grinding, hydraulics equipment, plumbing
* Mechanical machine fitting and fabrication
Working a 2 shift system - Rotating Monday to Friday (Apply online only) / (Apply online only). This may change in the future to a 3 shift system.
If you are an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button