An opportunity has arisen at Haywards Heath College to join our creative and inspirational team as a Teacher of Performing Arts and Music. This is a part-time position working 22.2 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. In return for a competitive salary pro rata of £21,087 - £37,017 per annum (i.e. £12,652.20 - £22,210.20).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based, and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Teacher of Performing Arts and Music, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Responsibilities of ourTeacher of Performing Arts and Music :
- Undertaking teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensuring that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertaking administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Taking an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Developing curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understanding personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keeping up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participating in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
- Undertaking the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Our ideal Teacher of Performing Arts and Music should have the below skills and experience:
- Degree in Performing Arts or Music
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Working knowledge of Performing Arts and Music
- Teaching and assessing learners
- Curriculum delivery and associated administration
- Managing diverse groups of students
- Working within Further Education
Closing date: Monday19th April 2021
Interview date(s): w/c 3rd May and 10th May 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Teacher of Performing Arts and Music role then please click 'apply' today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.