Our client based in the Surrey Area is looking for someone to fulfil the role of Nursery Manager at their outstanding nursery setting.
The Nursery Manager will be in charge of the day-to-day running of the Nursery. They will manage and support staff, and ensure that the Nursery offers a safe and caring environment for children to develop and learn. The successful candidate will also require great business skills, a clear understanding of child protection, early years care and education issues.
You would work closely with the Owner of the nursery and two Deputies to make sure that the service offered meets Ofsted and Early Years Foundation Stage standards.
As a Nursery Manager, you will provide day care for babies and young children from 3 months to five years. Your duties would include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervising activity planning to make sure that children's needs are met
• Working closely with parents and/or carers, giving them a high standard of customer service, including regular
• Working with colleagues and other professionals to make sure that children's needs are met
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• The ability to meet deadlines and targets
• An understanding of child protection issues and confidentiality
• Leadership skills and the ability to support, develop and motivate staff
• The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
• Knowledge of how children learn and develop
• A commitment to keeping up to date with developments in early years care and education.
Tigerlily Recruitment want to help you to make the right choice in your next career move. If you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply ASAP for an informal and confidential chat. We cater for all Early Years jobs and currently have Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, QTS, Montessori, Room Leader and Early Years Practitioner / Nursery Nurse vacancies.