We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
Reaching a new phase of growth we are proud to be expanding our Brighton based team. If you are a quick learner with a passion for photography and/or videography who is keen to work in an exciting, fast paced and friendly office environment then we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB.
Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of content creators across photography & videography that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age.
If you share our values and enthusiasm for inclusive, exciting, fast paced businesses you will find a home at MPB.
Reaching a new phase of rapid growth mpb.com are proud to offer a fantastic opportunity to join our exciting and fast growing tech company. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Finance Manager to join our Brighton based team. If you are interested in fast moving scale-ups, you have a dedicated background in accountancy, a thirst for challenges and want opportunities for growth then we would love to hear from you!
With an ever expanding team of 190+ people in Brighton UK, offices in Brooklyn's Industry City, and now Berlin! MPB is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join an energetic company of like-minded people where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
About the role
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager and qualified accountant to join a fast growing scale-up company and play a key role within our business support team. Supporting the CFO and Financial Controller whilst working alongside the finance team. Our Finance Manager will be hands-on and own the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process across all markets and legal entities. With a drive for accuracy and a keen attention to detail, you will have a crucial role to play in our IPO ready project!
As part of the finance function at MPB you will be focused on delivering financial information to both internal and external stakeholders as well as providing daily operational support within the finance team. This is a new role with potential for growth and development as the team and MPB continues to grow
- Ownership of the monthly management accounts reporting pack for review by the Financial Controller
- Producing and managing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines and providing financial analyses as needed
- Preparation of the Board reporting pack with the Financial Controller
- Working with the Financial Controller to develop the Finance team and Finance function
- Oversee day to day accounting and financial management and cover when necessary.
- VAT returns for UK entities and other submissions to HMRC
- VAT returns for our German entity, working with our local tax advisors
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Be a key member of the year end team, supporting all aspects of year end consolidated accounts and audit preparation at group (IFRS) level
You'll be qualified with at least 5 years in industry experience, and possess previous demonstrable exposure to a multi-company/multi-currency group.
You will be a hands-on team player and have the ability to innovate and commercialise the finance function of a business outside of "Debits & Credits" to a wide audience of stakeholders sharing your technical ability, accountancy knowledge and excellent operation of a vast array of accounting platforms.
- ACA/ACCA/AAT qualified or Finalist - Min 5 years finance experience in industry (ideally at least 3 years PQE)
- Demonstrable experience of managing a Finance team
- Strong technical skills and experience of leading month end reporting cycle
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Experience gained in multi-company, multi-currency group (e.g. in a group with a US or/and German subsidiary)
- ERP experience - Netsuite/Oracle/SAP or other major ERP
- Experience in improving financial and operational reporting processes.
- Excellent excel skills
- Proactive and motivated self starter with a passion for team work
- Online retail/e-commerce experience desirable
- Commercial awareness in a finance environment
You will possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills, robust organisational skills and you will live and breathe excel formula!