Our client, a global IT services provider, is seeking a Network Server Engineer to join the busy team in its Docklands based office.
As Network Server Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining infrastructure; designing and implementing monitoring systems; providing 2nd line support; and other wider customer support services.
Amongst the duties of the Network Server Engineer will be:
- Provision, designing, and planning core systems and services, to include hardware, software, servers and applications
- Network element configuration
- Network and service implementation
- Migration planning and execution
- Proof of concept testing and acceptance testing
- Vendor negotiation and control
- 2nd level troubleshooting for both internal and external customers
- Project and service delivery schedule management
- Providing periodical status reports to management
Network Server Engineer - what we're looking for:
- Server experience, Linux/Windows server environment, PHP, Perl, MySQL skills
- Network knowledge, TCP/IP, Data transmission, L2/L2 VPM, Multi-Layer Networking
- ISP related server applications
- Experience in monitoring applications such as icinga, nagios, Solarwinds etc
- Experience of facility management, network cabling and equipment installation
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ideally seeing html/coding skills, as well as Cisco command operation and configuration, but this is not essential
Network Server Engineer - what's in it for you?
The chance to work for a market leading international firm
May & Stephens Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.