SEND Team Leader
Pro rata'd salary of £15,164.43
(27 hours per week, 40 weeks per year term time only)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of a SEND Team Leader to be responsible for the line management of a staff team that deliver an area of specialist support/delivery in a specified environment. You will assist the Learner Support Service Director and SEND Additional Support Co-ordinators to manage and improve the service cross-college at the point of delivery for both students and staff.
Hull College Group provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus - to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of ourSEND Team Leader:
- Line managing a team of support workers and advisors and assisting the Group SEND Co-ordinator in delivering support resources to students
- Helping to raise awareness and the profile cross-college of the needs of students with additional learning needs
- Assisting the Group SEND Co-ordinator to coordinate and run the SEND Agreement cross-college
- Monitoring staff absence and assisting the SEND Co-ordinator to organise cover
- Chairing regular team meetings and attending SEND Team Leader meetings and management meetings with the Director of Learner Support Services
- Assessing, monitoring and reporting support needs of learners alongside LSA's
- Assisting the Group SEND Coordinator with the annual ASPDR process within their designated team
- Dealing with any staff requests or minor difficulties in the first instance, liaising with the SEND Coordinator and logging any further action if required
- Informing the SEND Coordinator of any major incidents/problem with staff and recording these appropriately
- Completing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEP's) with students who require a plan
- Providing EVAC chair training to staff
- Completing detailed moving and handling assessments for students
- Mentoring vulnerable learners
What we're looking for in ourSEND Team Leader:
- At least a Level 3 qualification of 3 years of experience of supporting the specialism
- Level 2 IT or equivalent qualification, particularly in Word Processing, Word, Excel, etc
- GCSE English & Maths Grade 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the delivery of SEND support
- The ability to access and navigate confidently around college ICT systems, particularly ProSolutions
- Accurate record-keeping, data inputting and monitoring skills
- Recent and relevant experience of working in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of performance indicators and their use
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as our SEND Team Leader please click 'Apply' now, we'd love to hear from you!
Hull College Group is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.