A client of ours is looking for a couple of Matrons to join their boarding house team to start in September 2021. This is a great opportunity to work in one of the leading independent schools in the country, set in a beautiful old town with lovely countryside around it. It is a wonderful place to work and comes highly recommended. Due to some members of staff moving on, the school is looking for two Matrons. One would be a in a boys' house and the other in a girls' house, both of which are 13-18. The role would work closely with the Housemaster/Housemistress in situ but would ultimately be responsible for the house and the duties.
- Looking after the medical and domestic duties within the house.
- Medically, ensuring that the pupils have taken their daily medication (if required), to be aware of any medical conditions, to liaise and work closely with the Medical Centre, and to dispense medication as and when it's required.
- Domestically, to be responsible for the hygiene and cleanliness of the house, including monitoring all laundry and taking responsibility for that.
- Managing a team of cleaners and directing them in their work.
- Pastorally you will be a listening ear to the pupils and will support them in their extra-curricular activities - attending games and theatre productions and concerts where required.
- Work closely with the Housemaster/Housemistress to ensure the safe running of the house.
- Liaise with the parents and ensure they are up to date with their children and their progress.
- General maintenance and liaising with the maintenance team to make sure the house is in a good state.
- Complying with the school's safeguarding policy.
For more details, a full job specification can be sent over to applicants
- Have worked as a Matron before, with either similar age or younger pupils
- Would describe yourself as caring, diplomatic and extremely practical.
- Are a good listener.
- Have a good working knowledge of First Aid and experience in administering medication.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Child Protection Act and safeguarding practices.
- Love the busy nature of being a Matron and would take it all in your stride.
- Are highly organised, get the job done and are self-motivated.
- Have a valid DBS check and are happy to get another one done too.
Start: September 2021
Salary: £19k-£23k depending on experience
Accommodation: unfurnished 1 bedroom flat provided