HMRC is looking for a Job Title - Contract
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract INSIDE IR35
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Telford or Newcastle, if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
· Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
· Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Set project controls. Design the project structure appropriate to stage. Select and apply appropriate delivery methodologies.
· Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
· Identify and monitor project Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
· Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making.
· Support or set appropriate project assurance.
· Seek appropriate support, guidance and coaching from the project community. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
· Experience working as a member of a large or medium complexity project team.
· Experience of managing projects delivered by 3rd Parties.
· Managing internal Resource conflicts.
· Experience in delivering projects where key technical resources are scarce.
· Excellent inter-personal skills.
· Ability to influence and get buy in from technical teams.
· Knowledge of HMRC process and procedures would be an advantage.