Who we are looking for:
PwC Research is a specialist provider of research and data, evidence-based consulting services. Working with an international client base and across various industries from financial services to technology firms. PwC Research helps clients that need to better understand their customers, their employees and their channels to market by utilising a variety of data sources. And our market is growing fast. A recent report PwC did for the Market Research Society shows that the research and data market has grown by more than £1bn in the last 5 years.
As an integral member of our tech team, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for engaging with the wider research team, understanding project reporting requirements and developing reporting outputs to meet these criteria. We are looking for highly motivated, proactive individuals who have experience with data visualisation and an understanding of market research. The successful candidate will also have strong analytical skills and an ability to think critically about how best to present data.
The role is Belfast or Leeds based and from time to time there may be an opportunity to travel both within the UK and on an international basis.Key Skills:
About the role:
- Strong IT related skills
- High level of proficiency in Google Suite (Sheets, Slides etc)
- High level of proficiency in MS Office including MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using data visualisation, Business Intelligence software (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI or similar) preferable
- Excellent spoken and written communication, ideally with ability to present ideas / solutions clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage volume workload/projects and work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Work with global project teams to ensure that client focus is maintained through project execution
- If you have a passion for client service, are driven by high quality, and have an appetite for taking a role in an expanding team, this opportunity is for you.
- Core activities will include:
- Working with project teams in understanding reporting requirements
- Produce work to a high level of accuracy
- Consistently develop reporting outputs to predefined deadlines
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a career in Consulting with a leading-edge team. The successful candidates will be supported by a Career Coach who will assist them in meeting their career aspirations and development.
Desirable skills sought for the role:
- The specific technical skills we are looking for include:
- Essential skills needed for the role:
- Experience in utilising data visualisation/Business Intelligence software (e.g. Qlikview/Tableau/Power BI or similar)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to produce quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Experience of working as part of a successful team
- Experience in Questionnaire Design and Research planning
- The skills we look for in future employees.
- All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework,
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.