Technical Writer (Software Development)
Belfast, Northern Ireland
( Belfast AND SURROUNDING area candidates ONLY)
Congruity360 is a single-source data governance provider bringing order to data chaos. Our solutions keep enterprise data secure, healthy, and agile, exposing reliable data sets that empower businesses to make intelligent decisions. With a focus on cost savings, simplicity, and efficiency, Congruity360 introduces simple workflows, reduced storage footprints, and maximum productivity to every engagement.
The Congruity360 flagship product, Classify360, enables clients to reduce their financial and data risk by increasing their data understanding, classification, and security, allowing clients to meet all of the current, new, and changing laws, regulations, and business drivers. In other words, making intelligent business decisions.
We have an immediate need for an experienced, driven, results-oriented Technical Writer to lead the creation and maintenance of all technical documentation for our flagship product, Classify360. Please contact us immediately if you want to challenge yourself by joining a startup team within an established company.
SUMMARY OF Position:
As a member of the Documentation team, you will help us define how we create and communicate the next generation of Congruity360's customer-facing documentation. Under the Product organization, you will serve as a technical communications expert on cross-functional teams that develop and launch products, services, and features at all stages of their Congruity360 lifecycle. As a successful candidate, you'll create content that empowers internal and external readers of all skill levels. You'll specifically create content that helps our customers implement solutions, from simple to complex, for interfacing with Congruity360's SaaS solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We need a Technical Writer for the following:
· Work with the internal product and development teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products
· Create and maintain a database of documentation
· Create user documentation for a variety of materials, including how-to guides and instruction manuals
· Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
· Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
EDUCATIONAL AND experience REQUIREMENTS:
· Associates/Bachelor's Degree
· Minimum 5 years' experience writing or editing customer facing or technical documentation - user manuals, application guides, etc. - for equipment and/or software OR Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing or equivalent field.
· Good Communication Skills including ability to stay organized and transparency on current projects
DESIRED SKILLS AND Experience:
· Excellent written communication skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong attention to detail
· Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text
· Ability to summarize and synthesize into text with a given audience and communications goal in mind
· Experience creating highly technical documentation including User Guides, API, SDK, systems configuration guides, whitepapers, and software release notes