Bugsnag is growing!
Bugsnag is a mature Silicon Valley startup on a mission to revolutionize the software error detection, monitoring and management domain. Our product is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag has grown into a self sufficient, key market player recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 "Rising Star".
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Pipeline team in Bath, UK. A team focused on developing Bugsnag's highly scalable, cloud based real-time error report processing systems. This position will involve working on new features and helping to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing services. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest industry-leading technologies, architectures, languages, messaging frameworks and data storage; as well as being empowered to explore and contribute your own ideas.
You will be
- joining an agile team of talented engineers focusing on the design, development, and testing of Bugsnag's core error report processing systems;
- developing a microservice architecture in Go, Java (Spring framework) or Node.js;
- working with storage solutions like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch and messaging technologies RabbitMQ or Kafka;
- taking joint responsibility for the maintenance of several sub-systems;
- constructively reviewing colleagues' work;
- working closely with other Bugsnag engineering teams on new product features; and
- working with customer engineers to investigate and resolve issues reported by users.
Your background likely includes
- over 3 years experience developing in some of our key languages;
- previous experience working within a team;
- previous experience of taking responsibility for the design and maintenance of sub-systems;
- some experience in helping to develop other team members;
- ability to multitask effectively;
- quick to learn new skills and solve problems; and
- bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience.
Bonus points for
- experience with application error monitoring;
- interest in engaging with the community through conferences, writing blog posts, attending meetups etc.;
- experience using Docker or Kubernetes; or
- experience using Ruby.
At Bugsnag we focus on doing things the right way, to the highest quality. We have a flat team structure where each team member is valued for their individual strengths. We aim to create a supportive environment where you are given plenty of opportunity to grow your skill set and take on more responsibility, whilst always maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- We value ownership, personal development, and transparency. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- The latest tech! We believe in finding the best technology to power our business.
- We're located in Downtown San Francisco and at the edge of the city centre in Bath.
Work does not have to be dull! With regular team events, a newly renovated office and a fully stocked kitchen, we do our best to create a working environment that makes you feel at home and has something for everyone who wants to be involved. The package includes the following.
- Competitive salary
- Lunch on us every day
- Company pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- Annual budget to spend on learning, conference attendance, tech and more
- Apple hardware for development
We offer all new Bath hires a trip out to San Francisco to meet the team.
Due to the COVID pandemic we are currently operating a 100% remote-working policy and are in the process of reviewing our company policy moving forwards
At Bugsnag we truly believe that employing individuals with various experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.