Head of Category Management - High Growth SME Snacking Leader
- Managing 3/4 Top Grocery Accounts.
- £60,000 - £65,000 Basic Salary
- 15 % Bonus
- Buckinghamshire office location
We need a Category Lead to come on board and help reinvent and redefine this fun brand across UK Grocery Channels. This is one of the most exciting snacking SME's in the market right now! Sold in every major UK supermarket and worldwide in over 27 countries, you will know who these guys are.
What this business has achieved is remarkable. In just over 10 years they have become the fastest-growing brand in the category and turnover has reached nearly £30million! With an award-winning portfolio of products and their staggering YOY growth, these guys are boasting some of the best NPD launches the FMCG market and category has ever seen.
The company strongly believes in using real, authentic ingredients to produce best in class snacking, reaffirming their place as industry leaders. They are miles ahead of category expectations and are passionate about creating great-tasting and nutritious food.
With innovation at its core, the range has continued to grow YOY, bringing something new into the category fixture with every product launch.
The current team is hungry, motivated, ambitious and really believes in work hard, play hard. They run breakfast clubs, gym clubs and even run marathons! And we can't miss out that they like to enjoy one or two beverages every now and again.
So, if this sounds like the perfect company for you read on to find out what role is on offer!The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join this vibrant SME snacking brand and lead their UK category function. This role will see you manage a team of 1 and looking after 3 leading UK accounts - Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's. Reporting into the Commercial Director, this will be a very hands-on role looking after both the operational and strategic sides to category management. You will be responsible for:
- Turning Category and Shopper data into actionable insights with the top retailers.
- Managing a team of 1
- Being one of the experts in the business in understanding what is driving performance
- Making recommendations to the retailers and business on what to do with range, fixtures, pricing and promotions.
- Identifying ways to unlock future growth.
- Building strong retailer relationships so they can trust the businesses recommendations.
- Provide data and analysis reports for the commercial team to use on a monthly basis.
- Working cross-functionally with the account commercial managers and marketing team to help the wider business understand category strategy and how to stand out against competitors.
Ideally, you'll already have around 5 years min of experience working in a category marketing role within FMCG and consumer goods. You'll ideally have some blue-chip training with the want and desire to work within an SME.
- You'll be experienced with Top grocery accounts
- Familiar with Kantar & IRI - We'd love someone to come on board and be able to coach the businesses on how impactful this data can be.
- Ideally have used JS Nector / Dunnhumby data.
- You'll be a pro when it comes to managing senior client relationships, and able to influence people with your enthusiasm and passion for food.
- You'll also need strong attention to detail, and a commercial mindset is incredibly important!
Sound like you? Apply now or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org