AMainframe Senior Developer
Wipro is an $8.5+ billion company that employs 147,000+ people in over 57 countries and continues to expand its global footprint. Wipro provides comprehensive IT solutions and services, including systems integration, information systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application development and maintenance, and research and development services to Global 2000 clients.
Wipro Digital Consulting (WDC) delivers a range of consulting services to our clients across multiple industries around the world. Our practices employ highly skilled and experienced individuals with a client centric passion for innovation and delivery excellence. We lead and support the other teams within Wipro delivering high value digital transformational services.
As a senior mainframe developer, you should have worked in CICS, DB2 and COBOL, being an onshore role you should be self-driven, being a senior / lead developer you're responsible for the projects given and should start owning end to end delivery. You understand the business requirement (technical and functional) and should transfer the knowledge to offshore team. Cards knowledge and project management skills will be an added advantage
· Liaise with clients and business representatives and participate in workshops to understand the need of the business
· Liaise with other IT professionals to design the solution and produce the IT impact assessment and solution document.
· Provide the technical guidance to the project team
· Monitor the activities of programmers on IT solution projects
· Work with business & IT stakeholders on planning & implementing the projects in live.
· Stay abreast of architecture and technology developments.
· Provide project and program leadership and help the account management team develop new opportunities within the client space.
· Capture lesson learnt (as part of an engagement role), provide thought leadership and address any gaps and challenges identified.
Senior mainframe developer expertise
· 6-12 years' or more of cross IT industry experience delivering mainframe development/maintenance projects.
· Minimum 6 years of significant development experience using Mainframe technologies like COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM and utilities like DFSORT, ICETOOL, FILE-AID, Easytrieve, Xpeditor
· Minimum 6 years of experience in Analysis, design, build, testing and implementing of complete mainframe projects.
· Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Implementing projects using Agile SDLC model.
· Involved in implementation planning & final reviews of ticketing tools like service now or SM7 records prior to approval.
· Should have experience Working at client location and have adequate knowledge of the Global Delivery Model in both onshore and offshore processes.
· Functional expertise in Cards & Payments and project management skills will be an added advantage
· Ability to take up high responsibilities and total ownership of initiatives
· Good presentation, communication skills and ability to effectively coordinate with offshore team.
· A proactive and entrepreneurial working style and strong ability to work without direction with breakthrough thinking, influencing and execution capabilities.
· Experience in setting clear objectives and direction for large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment involving onshore/offshore staffing model.
· Ability to facilitate executive workshops and obtain consensus among concerned stakeholders.
· Fair Understanding of principled negotiation strategies and the ability to resolve differing opinions and seek a win-win resolution to conflicts.
· Strong team player and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
· Exposure working with international clients and large environments.