Due to increased demand for Brake Control Products & Systems and high levels of growth of the rail industry internationally, a requirement for an experienced Safety Engineering Manager has arisen to join a leading global safety critical sub-system provider. The role will lead all safety related aspects of new product development and system development. The role spans the full product lifecycle and will be leading role in management and technical authority of safety work packages, working closely with internal customers, independent assessment and certification/regulatory bodies as well as third parties where applicable.Main responsibilities
Professional experience, skills & requirements
- Defining and delivering safety strategy and delivery plan to full fill mandatory standards.
- Leading the SIL determination / allocation / Hazard Identification process for product and system functions.
- Lead engineering team to develop robust safety architectures which meet the safety requirements (with use of DFMEA, SFMEA, FTA techniques as appropriate).
- Managing safety process deliverables and construction of technical safety case.
- Managing and delivering safety case approval with ISA / NoBo's.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Formal Systems Safety related training.
- Systems or Mechatronics background would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in similar Safety/RAMS discipline, Rail, Aerospace, Defence or other sectors strongly considered.
- Knowledge of standards EN61508, EN50128, EN50129 or equivalent industry/ sector regulations and standards.
- A good working background of Electronic/Mechanical/Pneumatic systems and complex HW + SW systems is essential.
- Proven track record in working with Notified Bodies (NoBo)/Independent Safety Assessors (ISA) or equivalent regulators and certification authorities.
- Knowledge of distributed safety critical systems and Cyber Security standards would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Conducts work using systematic and methodical approaches with strong adherence to process.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and be able to specify and implement solutions.
- Available to occasionally travel overseas if required.
- Good at team-working and able to evolve effective working relationships and networks.
- Experience of safety specific tool sets (ACE, Fault Tree etc).
· IBM DOORs requirements management and MS Project.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis.