The key responsibilities are:
- Work as part of a team and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements.
- Support and coach junior developers.
- Implementing features and stories from our project backlog.
- Contributing to design and design review processes.
- Design, code, test, correct and document complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications.
- Oversee complex delivery portfolio.
The role holder will have ongoing objectives alongside other specific objectives that will be set from time to time.
What we are looking for
- Developing forward thinking PHP/ Drupal based software platform from start to finish.
- Day-to-day development predominantly with Drupal 8 and coding in PHP frameworks.
- Participate in Scrum activities like daily stand-ups and sprint planning.
- Support and guidance for the more junior developers within the team.
- Has strong experience building user interfaces for websites and web applications.
- Proven experience of developing PHP based applications with Drupal.
- Proven experience of Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems.
- Previous experience creating custom Drupal modules.
- Experience of using version control systems - ideally Git.
- Experience of Responsive Web Design.
- Strong analytic skills and experience of the full software life cycle.
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff will be beneficial.