Technical Director Location:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components and business logic using React/Node.
- Feel comfortable working with and have detailed knowledge of the Google Firebase and GCP suite of tools/infrastructure.
- Coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality of product is important.
- Work with our talented cross-functional development team
Requirements About you:
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Working with our product design to inform, feedback and coach them on what modern web frameworks allow
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use and optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Develop APIs and microservices in a serverless environment usng Node/Express/Google Hosting/Cloud Storage/Cloud Functions
- Develop backend, database and business logic using Google Firestore, Real-time Database, Cloud Scheduler, PubSub,
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers and ensuring all business, customer and system needs are considered
- You will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive and will be relied on to generate clean code that is well documented and tested.
- Understanding and scoping where front/back end meets and is handed off to other technical layers
About our client:
- You'll need to have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field OR equivalent experience (at least 4 years)
- You'll have excellent troubleshooting skills
- You'll be familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, and are experienced with common front-end development tools
- You'll be confident engaging with a range of stakeholders taking the initiative, and asserting yourself to champion great work and outcomes
- You'll have excellent project management skills, focus and attention to detail and be able to take the initiative, deliver quality in a fast-paced work environment
- This is a great role for the right candidate and will particularly suit someone who enjoys the variety of working on multiple projects across different client sectors and disciplines
Our client is an award-winning digital innovation and interface agency with a strong track record developing daring, award-winning work across technologies, platforms and devices. We are the UK's leading digital agency for in-vehicle digital design, big-data interfaces and leaders in mobile and connected services
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation
We live and breathe the world of design and technology. You'll be joining a highly creative, passionate and tech-savvy team with the freedom to try new ideas and experiment with full support to be constantly learning and growing Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal development/training allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch on the client
- Regular team socials
- Medical cashback plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays