We are hiring an exciting newly-created Senior Accountant position, working for a fast-growing, dynamic PE-backed Media business. Reporting to the Finance Director, with exposure to the senior management team, you will be working in their London Headquarters and will be working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Senior Accountant will lead on all accounting duties ranging from financial and statutory reporting to project-related work to support the continued growth of the business, whilst assisting the Finance Director in managing the accounting teams' wider responsibilities and deputising in their absence.
- Monthly review of actuals; revenue and expense ahead of reporting financial results to Corporate Management
- Monthly review and reconciliation of payroll to general ledger within month end reporting timelines
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Preparing quarterly and annual tax returns
- Preparation of allocated statutory audit and annual financial statements
- Dealing with the US parent company and liaising with the business's European entities
- Working with the FP&A team, ensuring that business is operating commercially and that the finance team is supporting the continued growth within the growth
We are looking for an independent, result-oriented and hands-on Senior Accountant that is ACA or ACCA Qualified with 2-3 years experience. Having had experience working for a Media business is essential, as is working knowledge of UK & US GAAP. You will need to be technically strong in both management and statutory accounting, with a good commercial acumen. A strong team player with a keenness to share knowledge and develop other team members, while holding the ability to drive projects independently is key to being successful in this role.