SOFTWARE ENGINEERS & LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (OIL & GAS / MARINE / SPACE): NORTH LANCASHIRE BASED. NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE AND SENIORITY RANGE £30-50K, PLUS OUTSTANDING BENEFITS AND CAREER PROSPECTS. EXCITING GROWING TECHNOLOGY ORGANISATION UNDERGOING SIGNIFICANT GROWTH AND POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT
Our client is a global providers of products, systems and services to the oil and gas, marine and space industries, with particular focus on satellite systems and technology.
Their target is to deliver the best. Each product, system and service competes on a stand alone basis in the market. But with their broad portfolio and experience, they understand the challenge and apply the knowledge to create optimal and wide ranging solutions.
Due to further growth of their business, we are presently seeking a number of Software Engineers at different levels of seniority from Grad to Senior. If you are a software engineer we want to hear from you!
The normal programming languages are C, C++, with Python or Perl for scripting. Useful skills / knowledge includes Qt, TCP/IP sockets, HTML5, image processing (OpenCV).
• Working well as part of a team
• Producing stable, reliable, readable C/C++, Python code
• Documenting test specifications and formal testing of software
• Documenting completed work to satisfy internal QA requirements
• Producing task estimates to feed into the project planning
• Liaising with the customer and working with the team to define requirements and objectives
• Working to software standards and practice across the software department
• Ensuring conformance with good OOO / structured design practices Interactions:
• Developing, testing, documenting and modifying software including:
• Applications using C/C++, Python • Cross-platform C/C++ applications
• Software research and development
• Technical and customer support
• System/functional testing
• Assisting with integration of software and hardware
• Required to work on general product engineering and development tasks
• Mathematical modelling skills
• Writing and testing software applications
• Commitment to learning new skills and technology
• Windows and Linux Desirable:
• Embedded communications technology knowledge and experience
• Knowledgeable in Geomatics / Survey Mathematics and Statistics
• Experience using Git
• Clean driving licence
• A degree or equivalent qualification (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or HNC with strong relevant experience
Is This You?
This is an exceptional opportunity for software engineers and lead engineers who want to join a world leading business in the oil & gas industry, and are looking to develop their careers further. If you fit the bill as described above then apply now