£50 - £60,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)Location:
Home based, and within easy reach of our Head Office based in BristolContract:
6-month FTCPlease note:
For internal candidates this position is classed as a 'secondment' opportunityAbout the team
Please note due to current situation in relation to Covid-19 our offices are currently closed and therefore our interview processes have been adapted to allow recruitment to continue virtually.
We are currently looking for an experienced Applications Manager to join our Technology team on a six-month fixed term contract.
Our Technology team is responsible for delivering the technology solutions and services that enable Brightside to deliver services to its customers and the Applications team under the Applications Manager is a key part of this.About the role
As the Applications Manager you will be responsible for and actively involved in the delivery, support, maintenance and development / configuration of the core applications for the Brightside Group, as well as managing the vendors who provide these core applications. You will also help ensure that the applications meet the current and future requirements of the business as well as the wider market, and to make sure that the Brightside Group effectively exploits all applications capabilities to enable the most efficient and effective business process and performance.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- To manage delivery of applications and associated services to ensure that they meet agreed service levels, key performance indicators and any contractual obligations.
- To ensure that the applications and associated services conform with all legal, regulatory and company obligations and enable the Brightside Group to fulfil its compliance obligations, and that risks are identified and effectively managed.
- To drive continuous improvement in the applications and associated services, ensuring alignment with agreed architecture and roadmaps, so that the current and future needs of the business are met.
- To work closely with the wider business to drive improvements in performance and to ensure that the capabilities of the applications are aligned with the needs of the business and are being fully exploited.
- To develop and manage relationships with key application vendors to ensure that they deliver in line with their contractual obligations and agreed performance measures.
- To ensure that the application elements of projects and other changes are delivered in line with agreed plans, budgets and quality criteria.
- To set and document the standards, procedures and processes for applications and delivery of services, ensuring that they comply with all appropriate policies, and to manage the Applications team and third-party vendors.
- To lead, manage and develop the Applications team to ensure that it has the capabilities to deliver what the business needs now, and in the future, and to provide career development and growth for the team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have hands on experience with managing, developing and supporting applications, including managing teams who do this. This should primarily involve commercial (off the shelf) products and could include bespoke applications as well, ideally gained in the insurance broking market,
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience as a team manager and hands on supervision that includes managing, developing and motivating teams of applications support / development professionals
- Experience of working with CDL and OGI in the insurance broking environment
- A strongly delivery focused approach, with the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, across multiple activities
- Experience of working in partnership with the wider business to drive improvements in applications and business performance
- Experience of vendor management
- Experience of managing development by in house and 3rd parties
- A sound understanding of ITIL, ISO27001, PCI-DSS and IT Governance generally
- Strong communication skills, able to form and develop relationships across all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of both waterfall and agile methodologies
- A home broadband connection that allows you to work effectively and reliably from home, at a minimum 5mbps upload and download speeds
If you are successful, we will provide you with the necessary IT equipment to carry out your role from the comfort of your own home.What's in it for you?
We believe in developing our people so you can expect continual development in your role as well as further career opportunities.You will receive a wide range of benefits:
- You'll start on 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays) and this will increase with your length of service (pro-rata for contract length)
- If you need more holiday you have the option to buy up to 3 additional days
- And you will never have to work on your birthday!
- Life Assurance to the value of 4 times your basic salary
- Company pension scheme
- We give you access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure, family fun and more
- Access to hundreds of pounds' worth of health care and treatments via our Health Cash Plan
- You'll also get access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programm