Customer Services Advisor
Salary £17,986 per annum, depending on skills and experience
(37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of a Customer Services Advisor to provide an effective and high-quality customer-focused service at all times to customers and potential customers through the provision of a comprehensive service relating to all aspects of student support and guidance.
Hull College Group provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus - to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of ourCustomer Services Advisor:
- Providing a high-quality front of house service covering student finance, student enrolment and Information, Advice and Guidance
- Ensuring applications for student bursary are assessed and processed accurately and to service level agreement
- Inputting the required information to record financial transactions and allocations to students, maintaining accurate and up to date database records and student files and ensuring financial payments for students are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Working as a receptionist and help desk customer advisor ensuring a friendly and welcoming response at all times to customers, potential customers and visitors to the college
- Providing accurate and up to date information, advice and guidance on all aspect of student support services
- Accurately and efficiently inputting and updating student data, fees and attendance data onto college systems, ensuring compliance with relevant funding bodies, regulations, SLA's and timescales
- Being responsible for the customer-facing enrolment processes including fee-related advice and guidance
- Dealing with the day to day enquiries from customers and potential customer on information, advice and guidance for all course-related matters and college information
- Supporting and promoting the college at various promotional events including internal and external events and enrolment, this may include evening and weekend work
- Promoting and disseminating information, advice and guidance on available support to all students
- Interviewing new applicants and making offers
What we're looking for in ourCustomer Services Advisor:
- At least level 2 in Maths and English
- Level 3 IAG or equivalent (or willingness to undertake this training within a specified time)
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, preferably in a service desk environment
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- The ability to work with confidential and sensitive data
- Experience of budget monitoring
- An understanding of IAG requirements of students
- Accurate record-keeping, data inputting and monitoring skills
- The ability to access and navigate confidently around ICT systems
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as our Customer Services Advisor please click 'Apply' now, we'd love to hear from you!
Hull College Group is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.