Software Development Manager
Spencer Scott are working with an award-winning Fintech Product Company based in the Liverpool Street area who are looking for an OO Software Development Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for both onshore and off-shore teams of 6-7 people in an Agile working environment. The development environment is Java based and the software is built upon a Microservices architecture layer.
The Software Development Manager will be a natural thought-leader who comes from a technically "hands on" background and somebody with a strong Agile mindset who believes in modern development and design principles.
The successful Software Development Manager will be joining a company who truly put their people first with an emphasis on continued internal and external training. This is a testament to the quality of the engineering environment they've successfully built and developed.
Software Development Manager - Responsibilities:
- Manage delivery and releases in your teams.
- Plan, track and communicate delivery milestones.
- Own and communicate the capture of delivery metrics and work with your teams to use these to improve delivery.
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team.
- Own and adjust staffing to deliver business needs.
- Lead recruitment activity for your teams.
- Keep development teams well informed.
- Champion Agile development and software engineering best practices.
- Work with your teams using Agile principles to ensure that delivery commitments are met.
- Work with other teams to deliver cross functional stories and resolve issues.
- Guide team members towards improving their skills and performance.
Software Development Manager - Role Requirements:
- Experience managing Object Oriented Development / Engineering teams, ideally Java/Scala based.
- Experience managing both onshore and offshore development teams.
- Excellent leadership, organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience tracking and managing team deliveries.
- Expert knowledge of agile software engineering processes, practices and tools; TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery etc.
The basic salary offering is up to £90,000 at the top end and in addition comes a superb benefits package including annual bonus, full private medical package, company pension, season ticket loans and more! As the Covid pandemic continues, the role can be fulfilled on a fully remote basis with flexible working and WFH available longer term too, however access and the ability to work from the Company's City based office is also available.
If you're a Software Development Manager who is keen on the idea of working in a forward-thinking, progressive technical environment that breeds some of the "best in class" software engineering teams in London, look no further! Please click the Apply button below and I will personally be in touch with full details!
Spencer Scott Ltd is an equal opportunity Recruitment Agency, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating inclusive working environments for all our clients.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92314800