A cutting-edge tech company who are taking a stand against climate change and putting their stamp on the computing world are currently looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Operations Manager to join their growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Manager who is looking for a fresh challenge, working with a ground-breaking business in High-Performance Computing.
For the role, you will possess several years' experience working as an Infrastructure Manager, with experience leading, mentoring, managing, and advising technical teams. In addition, you will be a highly detailed Manager who has solid experience working with 3rd Party Suppliers/Vendors, Setting KPIs/SLOs and managing infrastructure across multiple sites. You will be working alongside a forward-thinking Head of Engineering, who champions cutting edge technology and agile processes.Essential skills/experience required for the Infrastructure Manager role:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Good understanding of IT architectures, cloud platforms, digital services, open source, and emerging technologies
- Must have strong Linux
- Networking experience
- Leadership, Mentoring and training
- Proven IT Operations Management
- Adept at defining KPIs and SLOs
- Solid ITIL and at least one Project Management Methodology
- Develop and maintain plans, design documents, policies, processes, operating procedures, SLA/OLAs etc.
- Ensuring all service and support related processes and services are measurable and have appropriate agreed KPI's
- Lead the team in the delivery and maintenance of IT infrastructure
- Identify opportunities for innovation or the adoption of new technology
- Act as a subject matter expert on IT infrastructure issues
- Providing input to decision-making process for projects, strategic plans and budget requirements.
In return, you will receive a salary between £75,000 - £90,000,
above market pension, excellent training and ongoing career development as well as flexible working opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92314057