Associate Commercial Lawyer
Level: Associate/ Newly qualified lawyer (1-2 years PQE)
Business Sector: Financial Services/ Private Client Services
Location: London w/ flexible working
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
About the Role:
This is a newly created role to join an established team within the Client Services arm of a global Financial Services Company.
The role will provide training and support for a newly qualified lawyer, and the ideal candidate will be 1 to 2 years PQE with some exposure to corporate commercial work. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys learning and has an appetite to progress. As the Associate you will support the team in advising clients on corporate law matters in a front facing role. You will principally be working as part of the corporate commercial workgroup of the Legal Advisory team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of asset and share purchase agreements and M&A documentation.
• Preparation of shareholder and partnership agreements.
• Negotiation and preparation of private equity, venture capital investments, financing, and security agreements.
• Negotiation and preparation of general commercial contracts.
• Assist in the development of the Legal Advisory practice.
Competencies and Skills:
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Have an ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload.
• Have excellent client relationship skills and an international outlook.
• Have a systematic work method with high attention to detail.
• Have an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• A qualified lawyer in English law.
• One to two years PQE, preference for 1 year.
• Some exposure to corporate commercial work (corporate, transactional, and commercial contracts) is preferable but not essential.
• Ability to understand and explain legal concepts to stakeholders.