My client are opening a brand new Specialist SEN school in Surrey as part of a growth strategy and they are seeking a Head Teacher who can be involved in the design of the school, as the building is currently a shell, and also the recruitment of their team!
We're currently looking for a Headteacher to join us in September 2021 to take the lead in the creation, opening and running of another successful ASC provisions in the Surrey area.
This brand new Secondary ASC mixed school will open in January 2022 in Effingham with a proposed capacity of 40 pupils.
Like all Headteacher roles; you will ultimately be accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of education and support staff.
Unlike most Headteacher roles; you will you will be instrumental in the recruitment of your entire team and the design and implementation of a brand new curriculum.
Successful candidate qualities:
* Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
* A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
* Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
* Team management experience.
* Experience of financial planning and control
* Superb communication and stakeholder management skills
* Qualified Teacher Status. Candidates with Head Teacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred