Commercial Accountant/Analyst job for an IT/Telecoms business paying up to £43k based in Nottingham Your new company
An exciting and forward thinking business that specialises within the IT/Telecoms space is looking to grow their finance team with a newly created role. This international business has operations across UK and Europe with a global headcount of around 300. The UK business has around 150 staff with a finance team of 20. Despite the challenging year most have experienced, the company anticipates their business operations to remain the same, if not increase over the next 12 months.Your new role
This role sits within the Commercial Finance team and you will be reporting directly to the Head of FP&A. The core function of this role is to support the FP&A team by providing commercial insight whilst driving reporting improvements and as well as strategic planning. Responsibilities will include:
- Act as Business Partner for all commercial activity - support commercial heads by providing customer and product analysis, KPIs and forecasting
- Support the annual budgeting process by developing financial models that will be integrated across the Group to drive business performance
- Challenge senior management on their budgets, ensuring number are ambitious but attainable
- Support with the preparation of presentations for both the Board and Investors
- Deliver business information to the Executive Management team to support strategic decision making Identify and discuss business trends to drive commercial activity, in particular looking at product profitability, customer activity, brand analysis, effectiveness of marketing and return on investment.
If you are interested in hearing more, a full job description will be shared with you.What you'll need to succeed
You will have pervious experience working within a commercial finance role and experience in working with stakeholders to drive business performance and profitability. Ideally you will be a part qualified or a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and looking to develop a career within an analytical capacity. You must be confident in your ability to challenge senior management on business activity whilst providing them with advice and insight into market trends, risks and opportunities. This is brilliant role for a strategically focused finance professional looking to make a difference and add value.What you'll get in return
The vacancy is paying £40k - £43k (potential flex) plus study support if you are still studying. The business boasts a range of additional benefits including 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical, dental, pension, bonus, Christmas vouchers and flexible working options are also available. Due to the pandemic, all staff are currently working from home and they plan to adopt a hybrid working model post COVID-19 which will most likely be 3 days in the office and 2 days work from home.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.