Qualified accountant is needed for a new and exciting Finance Business Partner role based; South Oxfordshire Your new company
My client believes in 'Technology for Good' - in improving lives through education and research. Their people want to make a real change - everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small your individual actions are, the positive impact on the collective effort is huge. They are now gearing up for their most exciting chapter yet - one with the chance to both build new systems and make your mark by improving old ones. Their story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions. A social enterprise unlike any other.Your new role
This is a key role supporting our members and customers, reporting to the Finance Director, members and commercial (FDM&C), and supporting the managing directors for higher education, further education and skills, and customer and sales enablement. This post will have responsibility for budgeting, forecasting and reporting across those directorates and work with colleagues to ensure that these are accurate and produced on a timely basis. They will work with the pricing and costing team to ensure that pricing for products is accurate and competitive, with the aim of increasing both sales and contribution and with the group tax manager to ensure that it is compliant with HMRC regulations. What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, CIMA)
- Experience in a management accounting/ finance business partner role
- Experience of improving processes and reporting
- Use of finance systems
- Excellent excel skills, including vlookups
- Willingness and ability to work in a hands-on role
- Strong communication skills (written, spoken, presentation) with the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels.
- Highly motivated and able to deliver a broad task specification to target with minimal supervision
What you need to do now
- A generous salary and pension scheme
- Flexible and agile working patterns
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure).
- A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
- You have the option to join the generous USS pension scheme
- We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.