Commercial Management Accountant job for a transportation business in Nottingham paying up to £45k + 10% bonus Your new company
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen with one of the largest integrated providers of transportation infrastructure and technologies is looking for a qualified Commercial Accountant to join their team in Nottingham. This business prides itself on its lifelong customer relationships whilst it continues to support sustainable activity and drive strategic footprint.Your new role
Reporting to one of the Finance Managers of the business, you will join a finance team of 18 and be responsible for developing key relationships with the SMT, supporting strategic decision making by providing commercial insight and analysis of business operations. You will be required to challenge financial performance in order to drive performance and continuous improvements.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Supervise on junior member of staff
- Work closely with the Operational Managers to drive the monthly forecasting process
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting preparation whilst comparing to actual performance
- Forecast on product and customer sales and margins
- Regular update and review of contract performance with the Management team, including cost centre reporting
- Contract reviews - ensuring you and others have a thorough understanding of financial implications
- Act as the main point of contact for new contract bids/tenders
- Ensure all business activities meet the objectives of reporting standard for the UK, EU and US
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and implement accordingly
You will need to have experience working in a similar role whereby you have supported a finance team from a commercial perspective. You will be strategically driven and thrive on analysis and commercial insight. You will ideally be an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant (finalist at a push) and be confident in your ability to drive business activity whilst challenging financial performance. It would be a huge bonus if you have previous experience working on an EU or US entity, ideally with some experience in the localised reporting standard (i.e. SOX).What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary between £40k - £45k per annum + a 10% discretionary performance related bonus. You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly forward thinking and successful business that will support you in your development and growth. The business is currently working from home and will offer long-term flexibility post-COVID (role will require a number of days in the office per week). This is a great role for a progressive individual who is looking to join a business whose industry expertise ensures a strong position in the market.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.