Paralegal - Manchester - Mindcrest/Managed Services
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Paralegal into our Managed Services Team within our Manchester office.
As an experienced Paralegal you will support the operational functioning of the Managed Services team, providing a high standard of service delivery to both internal and external clients, in line with best practice.
We're offering you the opportunity to join a supportive and collegiate team and gain access to top level industry training. DWF have a unique approach to providing legal services and work with market leaders and the best in the industry, all whilst providing a supportive work environment where you will work collaboratively towards a shared vision.
You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- To proactively complete activities across a wide range of standardised work types, either as individual tasks or as part of a broader project, spanning a range of practice areas including (but not limited to) Real Estate, Insured Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Finance Litigation
- To support the delivery of more complex activities/escalations within the work types, requiring a more in depth practice area knowledge
- Liaising with instructors of work regarding return dates, managing their expectations and securing feedback to achieve service excellence and improve quality.
- Maintaining and developing sufficient competence and legal/technical knowledge to work effectively with the appropriate level of supervision. You will be required to demonstrate your legal experience alongside an ability to work with a degree of autonomy.
- Proactivity in identifying potential issues and ability to suggest solutions to improve client's experiences and your own technical knowledge.
- Assisting other junior colleagues where appropriate with training and guidance.
- Undertaking tasks as delegated to you in a time and cost effective manner, adhering to deadlines where provided.
We are keen to hear from candidates who share our values of team work and client focus. A similar background in a legal environment would be ideal, with experience of:-
- Drafting legal documents and standard forms
- Document review exercises
- Assessing the relevance of a wide range of documentation as part of contentious claims.
- Reviewing and reporting on documents as part of due diligence exercises.
- Managing electronic data site including uploading and ordering documentation
- Providing pre and post completion support on transactional work areas
- Legal support work to practice areas such as litigation, commercial, corporate, banking and insurance.
- Preparation of stamp duty land tax submissions and Land Registry applications
- Legal research
- Proof reading
- Drafting costs schedules
- Litigation experience
- A law degree, LPC or 18 months prior experience of/ within the specific legal field/ technical skills set required to undertake the role with a proven track record of success both in terms of financial results and client service
- Evaluation and analytical skills, good time management and commercial awareness
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe's most innovative legal businesses, apply now as we're interested in hearing from you!Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That's why, when you join DWF, you'll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers, a buy as you earn share scheme and dining cards. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and an Employee Assistance Programme.About DWF
DWF is a global legal business, providing integrated legal and business services to clients across multiple markets. In March 2019, we became the first Main Market premium listed legal business on the London Stock Exchange. We have over 31 key locations and over 4,000 people delivering services and solutions that go beyond expectations. By seamlessly combining any number of legal and business services we deliver bespoke solutions to our clients with greater efficiency, price certainty and transparency. Join us on our shared journey to redefine legal services and you'll find a professional life that stretches and redefines you too. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.