Our global and well-known consulting / professional services client is seeking an experienced technology lawyer to join their thriving and fast-growing Legal team. This is a fantastic opportunity someone who wants to be instrumental in shaping and develop a new team's capabilities, broaden their experience, become a more well-rounded professional and achieve a sustainable work-life balance.Our client is seeking:
Role and responsibilities:
- a team player who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines;
- an approachable person who is keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members;
- lawyers with a passion for the law;
- intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical, with an eye for detail and pride in their work;
- driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients;
- relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the firm's network and externally; and
- flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Qualifications and skills:
- Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside the firm.
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making.
- Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients.
- Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects.
- Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets.
- Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models, including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
- Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes.
- Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Experience and background:
- The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a range of disciplines including:
- Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
- Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
- IP licensing and also research and development agreements
- The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
- Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
- The applicant must be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE.
- The applicant must be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills to include working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
- The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
- An interest in helping to build the team's business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
- The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
- The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
- The successful applicant will help promote the team's work through participating in team and firm events , giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
- Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful: Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services); Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service); Energy; Life Sciences; Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres; and Retail.
If you have the skills and experience for this role as well as the passion and desire to succeed in a collaborative environment where high quality work is rewarded with career progression then please apply within.
Cambridge Credentials: adding people....adding value