Court of Protection- Retrain ParalegalLocation:
Full TimeClosing Date:
Thursday 15 April 2021Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm, and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
The Court of Protection is a specialist court which is responsible for individuals who lack the mental capacity to manage their own property and affairs or to make decisions about their welfare. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who is currently working in a Serious Injury or Clinical Negligence role who is looking to transition their legal career, and retrain into a Court of Protection role whilst working alongside industry leaders.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon's business: We take pride in the quality of results we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You'll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We'll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you're looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.Responsibilities to include:
What we are looking for:
- Liaising with clients on the phone including vulnerable clients
- Managing cash flow and budgeting
- Arranging payments and producing reports
- Updating the case management system
- Supporting Fee Earners in a wide range of duties
- Administrative duties
- Exceptional client relationship skills with a proactive approach
- Ability to understand a wide range of clients and have empathy with vulnerable clients
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
- Able to multitask and ensure that time recording, and billing targets are met
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and show excellent prioritisation skills
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we're building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company's future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
- Please Note - Vacancies may close prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.