Do you want to help us transform lives through reading and writing? We are looking for someone passionate about digital to manage our mobile apps and deliver new features to support our work.
Scottish Book Trust is a national charity changing lives through reading and writing.
This role is part time (21 hours / 3 days per week) and a fixed term maternity cover contract (6-9 months). Please see website for application details; we do not accept CVs. Please note that the closing date is 12th April , 12:00 PMJob Summary
This post is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of Scottish Book Trust's mobile apps. This is an exciting opportunity to take the lead on our apps and deliver new requirements and features to support our programmes.
Scottish Book Trust currently has two apps:
- Bookbug: a resource for parents and practitioners to encourage families to do more reading, rhymes and songs with their children on a daily basis. In addition it supports professionals working with the Bookbug programme to embed these values into their practice.
- Bookzilla: a digital reading buddy to encourage young people between the ages of 8 and 18 to support their reading journey.
Each app is linked to a specific programme team and the postholder will be required to work closely with each team to gather requirements and feedback, oversee app content delivery and provide regular updates and analytics data.
The post reports to the Digital Manager with regular catch-ups with the Early Years and Schools Communities teams.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Defining, prioritising and managing the development of new features and content for the apps
- Establishing and managing ongoing maintenance processes for app development and content
- Managing the project plan and budgets
- Managing the app development agency including writing briefs
- Planning and collaborating with user groups, partner organisations and internal teams for testing, feedback, consultation and evaluation
- Analysing app data and providing detailed quarterly reports
- Liaising with our internal Digital Development Group to ensure cohesion with wider digital developments across the organisation
- Working with the Marketing team to effectively promote the apps at key stages
- Significant experience of digital project management (preferably including mobile app development and managing relationships with agencies)
- Experience working in an agile manner for effective and iterative digital development
- Experience of building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent understanding of digital innovation and technologies
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office products and managing significant amounts of data
- Experience using online analytics tools to inform and prioritise future developments and marketing decisions
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience of budget management
- Ability to collaborate and work across teams
- Experience facilitating workshops and user testing sessions is desirable
Due to current government guidelines, the Digital Project Manager will be working from home. When normal interaction is permitted, the job holder will be based at Scottish Book Trust's offices in central Edinburgh, however the post-holder must be prepared to travel occasionally for work-related duties.
Appointment to the post will be conditional upon securing a satisfactory Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland.