This role leads on coordinating the planning and delivery of the GLA's marketing and communications plans for the Men's and Women's UEFA European Football Championships, in the lead up to and during the tournaments.
This role should ensure that communications planning is fully integrated across the EURO Team, GLA and City Coordination Group. Working as one of two managers, this role leads on the coordination and delivery of London's marketing and communications plans for the Men's UEFA European Football in the lead up to and during the tournament.
- Coordinate and deliver integrated marketing and communications plans for London in the lead up to and during the event.
- Coordinate the communications plans and delivery of the EURO 2020 City Coordination Group- Metropolitan Police Service, Transport for London, Local Authorities, and others to ensure alignment of event operational messaging.
- Act as an effective account manager, working closely with the marketing and communications teams at UEFA and The FA to avoid conflicts and promote cross partner alignment of marketing and communications plans.
- During the event, deliver an integrated tournament-time communications plan and structure.
- Work with London's EURO 2020 team to integrate marketing and communications plans for all city activations and Fan Zones
Skills & Experience required:
- Knowledge of marketing and communications, including experience of working on a live London event at management level
- Experience of being involved in operational communications planning and delivery
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, ideally agencies including Metropolitan Police Service, Transport for London, Local Authorities
- An excellent and clear communicator; both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressured working environment.
- The ability to 'hit' the ground running and one briefed, work independently
- An appreciation of the complexity and importance of event communications
- Some experience of working within the events industry, ideally on large scale events or major sports events
- Ideally you will have experience of working with any of the below in regard to large events
- This role will be a mix of working from home as well as been on site in a control room and you will need to be flexible in regard to attending the event
Please do apply with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your experience by midday on Tuesday the 6th of April.