Director of Teaching School Hub Reporting to
: Regional Director Location
: Birmingham Contract
: Permanent Working Pattern
: Full Time Start Date:
September 2021 (or earlier if possible) Salary
: L17 - L21 (£63,493 - £70,048) Closing Date
: 10am on Monday 19 April 2021
A unique opportunity to lead our new Teaching School Hub and provide high-quality professional development to teachers and leaders across the South Birmingham region and beyond. Ark's Teaching School Hub, based in Ark St Alban's Academy in Birmingham, is one of just 87 hubs in England to be appointed as part of the DfE's new programme designed to create school-led centres of excellence. This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious school leader looking for a new challenge.
Ark has a national reputation for creating and delivering outstanding training and development across its network of 38 schools as well as in the localities we serve. This role will be key to strengthening and developing that work further, so that teachers and leaders have access to great support and development whatever the stage of their career. The role
As the Director of Teaching School Hub, you be responsible for designing and delivering a strategic plan that supports teachers at all stages of development across more than 200 schools in the South Birmingham hub area. You will deliver against challenging internal and external KPIs and ensure that our provision is of the highest quality, with the South Birmingham hub the destination of choice for career development across the region and beyond. As a senior leader within the Ark network, you will help ensure that our approaches to staff development and teacher training align across our areas of operation, working alongside both a talented in-house team of teacher trainers and with external stakeholders to establish a golden thread of development across our network. Key responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of the Teaching School Hub including line management of staff and developing the business plan.
- Development and delivery of the Teaching School Hub strategy.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders including partners, schools and external agencies to assist system-wide collaboration and school improvement.
- Designing, facilitating and quality assuring professional development within the Teaching School Hub based on identified local needs.
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life. You will be aligned to Ark's high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have an unwavering commitment to Ark's mission. You will:
To read the full job description and person specification and to apply, please visit our dedicated careers page - https://arkonline.org/careers.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Have a good understanding of the DfE's strategic approach to whole career development, and of the technical detail of programmes intended to deliver this.
- Be able to lead effective professional development and coach other to do the same.
- Be able to identify and manage potential risks, manage and prepare budget plans and forecast long-term budgets.
- Have strong relationship, customer service and management experience.
Please submit your application form by 10am on Monday 19 April 2021. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Mark Gregory, Regional Director for Secondary (Birmingham) at email@example.com
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check .