NHS Fife offers a range of health services to 380,000 people in Fife. Our aim is to help people live healthier, longer lives. Help us shape the future of healthcare in Scotland. Join us!
A Post has arisen for a Deputy Director of Finance for NHS Fife. This requires a driven individual, with a rich experience in a senior finance role within the NHS of wider public sector. We are committed to an ongoing improvement programme and as a senior member of the team; you will have an important contribution to make in shaping this culture.
Key aspects of the post include:
• contribute to the overall management and leadership of NHS Fife through the application of and input to all aspects of the Board's strategic priorities
• lead, manage, direct and control to the functions of the finance directorate in order to provide reliable financial and associated advice, information and analysis to fulfil statutory obligations, financial reporting and support annual delivery of financial balance.
• full leadership responsibility for delivery of the financial management, financial services and procurement functions
• lead the development of the medium-term financial strategy, policy and performance matters to support the organisational priorities for NHS Fife, in line with the overall Board Strategy
• work closely with the Associate Director of Planning and Performance to develop and embed the Strategic Planning and Resource Allocation Framework arrangements
• lead the development and establishment of an improvement programme for the Finance Directorate, taking cognisance of the national shared services agenda and any other regional or national developments
• deputise for the Director of Finance and Strategy on the Finance Directorate portfolio at the NHS Fife Board, governance committees and key external meetings.
You will be a CCAB qualified accountant. NHS Fife is on an exciting journey towards helping people live longer healthier lives, at a challenging time for public services, the finance team will be at the heart of reshaping how we provide healthcare across the region.
For informal enquiries please contact Margo McGurk, Director of Finance on 01592 648139 or 28139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK) or Irish National, you are required to confirm your right to work in your application.